Friday, September 20, 2013

Cross-Dressing vs. Gender Dissonance


I knew my partner was a Cross-Dresser when I married him. I should be grateful. I am not. I am the first in a new generation of wives of CDers. We are the generation that gets to make informed decision about their lives in regards to their husbands gender. I have always let my heart choose and it will choose love every time. Maybe that is the right answer. I don't know. I don't have answers for you. I do know that I searched as if I was on a holy quest for truth; and no women had the answer for me. No one could tell me what would make me happy. I do know that his Cross-Dressing didn't make me terribly unhappy, but eventually his gender dissonance did. Or perhaps it is my gender that makes me so uncomfortable.

According to Wiki:
Gender variance, or gender nonconformity, is behaviour or gender expression that does not conform to dominant gender norms of male and female. People who exhibit gender variance may be called gender variant, gender non-conforming, or gender atypical.[1]


I identify in this blog as a wife of a Cross-Dresser because that is how my husband presented when I married him and now. There are so many colors in the rainbow that is gender don't ever feel boxed in by terminology. Gender is much less straight forward than sexual orientation or sex I discovered.  

I was, and am afraid that he is unhappy living as the handsome charismatic man I fell in love with. I am afraid that he will need more than I ever can provide. I am afraid that I am already living with a woman. In this safe space I have carved for myself I will share my journey that has not ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment